May 24, 2019
Here you will find important and useful information about the programs and services the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) provides for the wonderful Atholton High School community. Find out a little bit more about the PTSA. Not sure where to get an answer? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
PTSA Election is Tuesday, May 28, 6:30 pm, Senior Cafeteria. It is time to elect new officers for 2019/2020 school year. The PTSA must have a president and treasurer to remain active within the National PTA protocol. As of today, no parent has stepped forward to volunteer in these must have positions. If you value the PTSA, consider volunteering (or recruiting) that special parent who has the time (and skill) to serve in these positions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Immediately following the PTSA Election on Tuesday, May 28, is the annual Parent College Panel at 7 pm. We've assembled an group of parents whose students have applied to a variety of post high school options. They will share their tips to assist the entire family in the college application process. Light refreshments will be served.
The PTSA is hosting our annual Farewell Luncheon on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 11:30 am in the cafeteria. We bid farewell to the AHS Staff and recognize the PTSA volunteers. If you volunteered for the PTSA during the 2018/2019 school year, you are invited to attend:
- Led a parent break out session during New Student Orientation
- Sold Homecoming Tickets/Volunteered at Homecoming Dance
- Assisted with the Reflections Program
- Baked goodies for the Chocolate Fest
- Sold tickets for Prom or Post Prom Party
- Baked goodies for the Post Prom Party
- Volunteered at the Post Prom Party
- Volunteered in the Snack Shack
- Served on the PTSA Board/Committees
Please RSVP as a volunteer by Friday, June 14, 5 pm to email@example.com.
Final Exam Survival Kits are a Raider tradition that provides support to your student as they persevere to finish the academic year! Plus, they’re a great way to keep students energized for exam preparation.
Survival Kits can be purchased by parents, students, or for teachers and include hydration, sweet & savory snacks, a stress buster & study tips … all essential tools for exam prep!
Available for $10.00 via check or $10.50 on PayPal - instructions for both options at this link: https://www.atholtondrama.org/final-survival-kits/
Sponsored by Atholton Drama Boosters
The PTSA would like to recognize the following who made it possible:
- The planning committee: Sue Clemens (Food), Pete Clemens (Security), Kitty O'Hare (Volunteers), Malia Schlichting (Volunteers), Kim Smith (Ticket Sales) and Ilene Fishkinds (Cheerleader). Thank you for your "can do" attitudes.
- The Parents of Black Students Association (PBSA) who promoted ticket sales and recruited volunteers. Thank you for watching out back!
- The parents, siblings, neighbors, and friends who sold tickets, baked goodies, set up, and stood watch until the wee hours of the morning. We appreciate your support!
The PTSA also recognizes our generous donors:
Howard County Government
Hickory Ridge Community Association
River Hill Community Association / Claret Hall
Columbia Aquatics Association
Monster Mini Golf - Corporate (Jessup)
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Sport Clips Haircuts of River Hill
Atholton Athletics Boosters
And parents from Atholton High School.
The Answer SAT/ACT Test Prep hosts classes at Atholton High School with a portion of the tuition donated to the PTSA. Sign up today: https://theanswerclass.com/shop/
Greg's Driving offers Driving Classes at Atholton High School with a portion of the tuition donated to the PTSA. Sign up today: